Warning: Parameter 3 to botDonate() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/activism/public_html/joo/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136
View a short video about the course
Learn how media works, and how to use the media to communicate your message to your constituencies. Learn the newest media techniques including how to present yourself and your message online. Learn how to organize media briefings and materials to keep the media abreast with your plans, events and accomplishments.
Lesson 1: Understanding the Media
Lesson 2: Creating a Media Action Plan
Lesson 3: Presenting Yourself to an Audience
Lesson 4: Writing an Op-Ed
Lesson 5: Presenting Yourself Online
Lesson 6: Preparing for Forums and Media Briefings
- Teach Yourself: Download this course in PDF format:
- Learn with an Expert: Work one-on-one with our media expert, Rana Sweis. You will use our "virtual classroom" from your home computer or one of our regional computer labs for live interaction with your mentor.
Testimonials from Rana's mentees:
- "This was my first time to do training over the internet. When I heard the idea, I didn't expect that it would be so easy, or that it would teach me so much. But [now] I think e-learning is one of the best ways to do training and a great means of communication between trainers and participants." - Nesma
- "My mentor is knowledgeable and has experience in the field of journalism, and she knows how to run a lesson, and is very pleasant to interact with." - Ghana
- "My mentor was very qualified and had a high level of practical and intellectual experience. I learned something and benefited personally from each lesson, and not only regarding my media plan; I learned to organize my thoughts and priorities, define the goals I want to achieve...so the mentorship course really helped me do a plan to follow in order to reach my goals. The readings and assignments (lots of articles in different fields, and video clips to watch) made the course easier, more realistic, and less academic/theoretical.
The project was very good; it was clear that there was a lot of work behind it and everyone involved was on the highest level. The course encouraged me and pushed me to achieve a dream that had been buried for a long time…thanks to the program and my mentor, Rana." - Mariam